Direct Support Professional - Overnights (Bangor) SIGN ON BONUS
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bangor, ME 04401
$250 Sign-on Bonus (Paid after 90 Days of Employment)
Benefits available to all staff working 30+ hours (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays)
Overnight Shift Differential
Use of a Sweetser vehicle while on shift
Paid Training – no experience required
Flexible scheduling – choose from:
7 day on 7 day off schedule (benefited)
Sunday – Wednesday schedule (benefited)
Wednesday – Saturday schedule (benefited)
• Ensure all licensing rules and expectations within the Regulations Governing Licensing and Functioning of Assisted Housing Programs document are followed
• Support consumer independence by teaching new skills and encouraging improvement on current skill sets as they work on Aspects of Daily Living (ADL) skills while remaining conscientious of individual abilities.
• Ensure Consumer Rights are upheld with dignity in all interactions.
• Administer medications prescribed medications with accuracy.
• Provide minor first aid to consumers as needs require.
• Organize and participate in age appropriate activities, hobbies, and socialization opportunities with consumers.
• Transport consumers to all scheduled appointments and required outings.
• Provide assistance with bathing, teeth and mouth care, shaving, dressing, toileting, eating, drinking and personal hygiene, consistent with level of care required by consumer.
• Physically assist consumers with walking, sitting, lifting, and transferring to chair or bed and entering and leaving vehicles.
• Food preparation and cooking of food to provide nutritious meals and snacks for consumers.
High School Diploma or GED required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
• Maintain a valid state driver’s license.