skip to main content

Important Notice

It appears you are using an older version of your browser. While some functions will be available, Maine Joblink works best with:

Please click the name of the browser above to download and install the latest version of the browser of your choice. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Equal Opportunity Statement

Equal Opportunity Is The Law

It is against the law for any workforce development system service provider (that is a recipient of Federal financial assistance) to discriminate:

  • against any individual in the United States, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status (same or opposite gender), or national origin; or

  • against any beneficiary (participant) of programs that are financially assisted under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014 (WIOA) or the Trade Adjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (TAA), on the basis of citizenship or status as a lawfully admitted immigrant authorized to work in the United States, or his or her participation in any WIOA or TAA funded program or activity.

Program providers receiving funding under WIOA and TAA must not discriminate in:

  • deciding who will be admitted, or who will have access, to any WIOA or TAA funded program or activity;
  • providing opportunities in, or treating any person with regard to, such a program or activity; or
  • making employment decisions in the administration of, or in connection with, such a program or activity.

If you believe you have been subject to discrimination by any WIOA or TAA funded program, you may file a complaint within 180 days from the date of the alleged discrimination violation, with either:

  • The State Equal Employment Opportunity Officer (whose contact information is at the bottom of this page); or with
  • The U.S. Department of Labor - Civil Rights Center (CRC). Complaints to the CRC may be filed by mail, email, or fax and must be addressed to:
Director, Civil Rights Center
U.S. Department of Labor
200 Constitution Ave. NW, Rm. 4123
Washington D.C., 20210.
Phone: (202) 693-6500
TTY/TDD: (800) 877-8339
Fax: (202) 693-6505

If you file your complaint with the State EEO Officer whose contact information is listed below, you must wait until the State EEO Officer has issued a Notice of Final Action, or until 90 days have passed (whichever is sooner), before filing with one the Civil Rights Center.

If you file your complaint with the State EEO Officer and after 90 days have not received a written Notification of Final Action, you will have 30 additional days in which to submit your complaint to the Civil Rights Center above.

If the State EEO Officer does provide you with a Notice of Final Action within 90 days of filing your complaint, but you are dissatisfied with the decision or resolution, you may file a complaint with the CRC within 30 days of the date you received the State EEO Officer’s Notice.

For more information on the above and/or to file a complaint with the State EEO Officer, contact:
Ms. Michaela Loisel, EEO Officer
Maine Department of Labor
45 Commerce Drive
Augusta, ME 04330
Tel.: 207-623-6735
TTY Users Call Maine Relay 711

The Maine CareerCenter provides equal opportunity in employment programs.
Auxiliary aids and services are available to individuals with disabilities upon request.

The original language on the Maine JobLink website is provided in English. Google Translate, a free, automated online language translation tool, is provided as a convenience to help users read information in other languages.

Automated translation of any language is not always accurate. Users relying on information obtained from this website through Google Translate do so at his or her own risk. Google Translate on this website does not work with text in images and videos or on downloadable files such as PDF, ePublications or Word documents.

The Maine Department of Labor does not make any assurances or guarantees as to the accuracy of the translations of this website. Any discrepancies created in translation are not binding. Questions that arise related to the accuracy of the information contained in the translated website should refer to the English version of the website as the official version.