Employer Use Policy
Welcome to Maine Job Link, Maine's publicly-funded job match and workplace information service for employers and job seekers. We require that jobs posted to our site meet minimum standards to ensure that there is an actual employment opportunity for jobseekers. Please read the following requirements:
- We are unable to accept postings for Independent Contractors, Work-At-Home or Commissioned pay positions unless these job postings meet the requirements set forth in the Fair Labor Standards Act and Maine laws and regulations regulating employment. There must be an actual Employer/Employee relationship with the employer paying the job seeker a salary, wage, or commission guaranteeing at least minimum wage. We require employers to post a job order before the account is approved for any employer that does not have a Maine UI Tax number.
- Neither you nor your agents may charge a fee to provide a job seeker with access to a job listed in Job Link. Neither you nor your agents may use the service to recruit replacement workers in a labor dispute. You may not utilize job seeker information for any reason other than in filling your available positions. You may not resell or repost any job seeker information such as names, addresses, telephone numbers or resumes found on this site. You may not post job orders for positions that are not currently available, as a source of sales leads, or anything related to network marketing or pyramid schemes.
- Because the service depends on the exchange of accurate and timely information, we will make every effort to keep the resume postings and other information updated. We depend upon you to keep your job postings and other information about your company updated. We reserve the right to remove any job posting from the file if it contains out-dated, inaccurate or inappropriate information.
Various laws prohibit the Job Link from accepting discriminatory job orders. Employers must provide equal employment opportunities to applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, credit history, unemployment status, or disabilities in compliance with Federal and State laws including:
- The Civil Rights Act of 1964 As Amended
- Age Discrimination Act of 1967 As Amended
- Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974
- Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act of 2009 (ADAAA)
- The Wagner-Peyser Act as Amended
- Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 U.S.C. 1681 et seq
- We may occasionally ask you to participate in surveys to gauge the value and effectiveness of our services and to seek your advice on improving these services. Participation in these surveys is voluntary.
I have read and understand all of this policy on Employer Use and will comply with its provisions. I also understand any violation of this policy or this agreement will result in loss of access to Job Link.